Optimal Golf performance and injury prevention to be at the…
...of your golf game
• Golf Physical Screening
• Specific tailored exercise programmes
• Treatment of Golf related injury or pain
• Working in conjunction with your Golf Professional/Coach
Any golfer needs the physical ability to perform a golf swing that is not only effective, but also uses his own body in the most efficient way without causing injury and achieving the ideal sequence of movements.
Physical limitations can prevent you from achieving this. These limitations might cause swing faults and injury. Golf specific physical screening tests can be done to identify physical limitations. Specific exercise prescription and physiotherapy treatment can help to reduce these physical limitations. This can contribute to reducing swing faults. The golf coach or professional can then work with a person who has less physical limitations to perform the best golf swing possible.
Injuries can either be caused by golf or prevent you from playing golf. As a Chartered Physiotherapist with a better understanding of the golf swing and injuries that might occur, Therese Viljoen has the expert ability to deal with these problems.
Therese Viljoen has completed the following golf specific postgraduate courses:
• Golf Fitness Systems Level 1 & 2
• FitForeGolf Level 1,2 & 3
• Titleist Performance Institute Certified Golf Fitness Instruction Level 1
• Other Golf Specific Physiotherapy Courses